Dateline: Fri 18 Sept. Once again a couple of Fridays ago did the afternoon bring about the much-anticipated return of my UNC college buddy Kelly, back in our neck of the woods and willing to venture over to Winston-Salem in the midst of terrible thunderstorms and downpours...and in spite of a hatred of driving. We made the most of his brief visit, centered on a simple meal of chicken Caesar wraps and broccoli-and-bacon salad. There was almost enough discussion time but I’ll be happy when we can connect up again before long. Also: while I don’t think I came close to nailing it, I should note that the broccoli-and-bacon salad hadn’t been on a menu here in almost 10 years. Crazy.
Based on "Easy Lemon Caesar Salad Dressing," by Kim Hardesty of lowcarbmaven.com. [Published 05 January 2016]
Adapted from "Broccoli Salad," by Carolyn Purpura Mackay. In Cook's Country, August/September 2012, p. 7.

No comments:
Post a Comment