Search RoHo Blog

Monday, September 21, 2026

Meal No. 4199: Spiced Chicken Tenders on Caesar Greens

Dateline: Tue 08 Sept. September in general is a rewarding time of year to reach, with its gradual easing back into the routines of work and travel, while the weather often serves up gorgeous days and a release from the oppressive heat and humidity of summertime. Mind you: I still note with dismay that it signals the approach of winter, and I do not like that. While the front end of the month still found me at home, rather than on the road, I was focused on mostly healthy meals. The Tuesday following Labor Day gives us one of those examples: a handful of spiced chicken tenders, pan-seared and then diced, to adorn a spring mix of greens, topped generously with homemade creamy Caesar dressing.

That morning brought me face-to-face with another spotted lantern fly, perched on the Toyota badge on my trunk. We have not yet been inundated with these invasive hellions—at that point I was probably spotting one about every 3 or 4 weeks. And killing every one of ‘em that I can. This one met a speedy demise. (Since that day, there's been an uptick in finding smaller ones already dead out on the driveway near the tree line.)

That evening was lovely for another intense downtown stroll, this time clocking in at 5.7 miles in a wide southside circuit that took advantage, in part, of the Salem Creek Greenway.

No comments: