Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Meals No. 3703 & 3704: Smashburgers!

Saturday a week ago was just the right time to try again this new fascination of smashburgers. I took an extra step this time, adding caramelized balsamic red onion, in abundance. I've still got to do a lot more practicing on the technique but the end result revealed no issues or diminishment: these were so very scrumptious. I'm liking this smashburger trend.

The Sunday evening meal followed the same script, given that I had already loosely rolled the balls of ground beef, I still had two brioche burger buns, I still had just the right amount of homemade burger sauce...and I still had a hankering for these delicious smashburgers. I didn't futz around with onions this time; it was straight up thin slabs of crusty meat, still plenty of American cheese, enough goo and grease to make you feel like you're in a diner with a bad health inspection rating, and a fully-exhausted napkin beside me.


"Simple Smashburgers," from the Roediger House. [Published 04 September 2024] I make no claim that these are the right steps for you, but as long as I've recorded them for myself, I thought I'd make a recipe sheet available should anyone like it.

No comments: