Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Meal No. 2537: Sexual Chocolate Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout Beef Stew


It's pretty convenient to live just around the corner from the original brewery and pub for Foothills Brewing, which moved into its space at 638 West Fourth Street back in 2004, the year after I bought the Roediger House. One of its very special and much-anticipated seasonal releases is an Imperial Stout called Sexual Chocolate. A couple of years ago, I managed to stock up on the Bourbon Barrel-Aged release of it and have put it to good use in beef stew and in a stout chocolate cake. (I don't drink much beer any more, and I am ridiculously well-stocked with it!) On Sunday night a week ago, it was a gathering of the RoHo regulars, and I served up an Imperial Stout beef stew, along with homemade mashed potatoes. There was a bit of happy overindulgence by the majority of the crew.



Sexual Chocolate Imperial Stout Beef Stew based on:

No comments: