Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Cinnamon Rolls from Laminated Danish Dough


I blogged recently about making my first-ever batch of cheese danishes, including the process of laminating the dough to create all those great fluffy layers. I still had two-thirds of that dough resting in my fridge and decided it would make a fine base for cinnamon rolls, so I improvised and went with my instincts and out came some really terrific simple treats to serve after our dinner Sunday before last.


Now, these don't have the sticky bun component derived from maple syrup and butter and brown sugar; nor do they have any pecans...both features that I associate with the unparalleled recipe for pecan cinnamon roll sticky buns shared with me by my brother-in-law and sister in Indiana...that I haven't made since Summer 2014.


However, you would be hard-pressed to find a tastier dough than what I used in these, I do believe. The many, many butter layers between this sweet dough that baked up fluffy and flavorful...you didn't have to have a particularly fancy filling but we found cream cheese vanilla frosting to be the terrific topper that these buns didn't even need.

No comments: