Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Back in the Master Bedroom!

It's been over six weeks that I've been out of the master bedroom, and this past Saturday I finally got to move back into it.

During that time, a couple of very important things have happened. One was the plaster restoration and repair, which I blogged about back in mid-September. That took almost two weeks. The other was the sanding and refinishing of the bedroom floor, which was blogged about this week. The process took only about three days, but then the floors needed a three-week cure time before rugs could be put down. In the meantime, the bedroom has been temporarily set up first in the North Parlour (also, previously blogged about), and in the dining room:


I had bought a couple of oriental rugs two or three years ago at the Belk tent sale, and one of these was for the bedroom. I never even untied it because I knew the bedroom was eventually going to be renovated and restored and painted and all. It's in place now:


Another step that was necessary was to get the bed frame (that I obtained with the rest of my bedroom suite from eBay a decade ago) reworked for it to serve a California King-sized mattress. Mr. Kent Grubbs of Grubbs Woodworks took that on for me and I was able to pick it up a week ago. Part of this past Saturday was spent assembling it:


The mattress set arrived late Saturday afternoon and I'd already bought bed linens on a good sale at JC Penny a few weeks ago, and here's the finished look: