Search RoHo Blog

Friday, September 12, 2014

The Much Sweeter Master Suite

While I find myself behind on blogging recent meals (that chronic and debilitating obsession that I seem to have), I've got to put that aside out of sheer wonder and excitement now that the master bedroom has been completed by Estate Plaster, Inc.

I blogged about this room five or six weeks ago, and included some pictures of what it looked like when I first bought the house.

As of yesterday afternoon, the plaster restoration and repair and painting has all been completed, and I'm pretty darned psyched about the result.

Here's your very own pictorial journey through selected elements of the process:

A few days prior to the beginning of plaster restoration...

...with the room all cleared out and ready for the guys.

Philip Lamachio and David Mearns prep the room.

Problem areas are identified and weak plaster is removed.

At some point in the past, the ceiling was replaced with drywall.
But it wasn't well secured.

I can't believe I've slept for over 10 years in a room in this condition
(looks worse now that they've begun scraping, of course).

This house is almost 110 years old. And looks it.

Philip removing weak plaster.

Screened and skimmed and ceiling anchored.

David Mearns has been joined on the project by his older brother Richie.

Another progress shot.

Richie inspecting the caulking along the trim.
Notice two color samples behind him.

Look at this stunningly gorgeous room!

They did an incredible job on it.

The walls are painted in "Aurora Brown," and
it is a sort of maroon-y brown, and it
can even look like a very deep purple.

Next up: refinishing these rough floors!

No comments: