Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Meal No. 2559: Indoor Pulled Pork Barbecue


While our city and state are in a virtual shut-down while we battle these early stages of the spread of the coronavirus, the meal last Saturday night was strangely quiet and lonely given that it's one of my go-tos when there's going to be a crowd of people here. But I'd stocked up on pork shoulder when I made my last Costco run and needed to go ahead and cook what I had, so pulled pork barbecue ended up on the evening's menu, together with a fresh batch of sweet southern coleslaw based on my mother's recipe.

Perhaps it's worth pointing out that I've just passed the 10-year mark of using this dependable recipe, which I found in an issue of Cook's Illustrated. I first used it when making Meal No. 71. Also, I was sort of surprised to look back at the blog and see that it's been nearly a year since I made this Roediger House favorite that's always so good. I guess I've been making other versions of barbecue, or sometimes sheet pan sweet pork nachos...and a couple of times I've used pork shoulders to make carne adovada.



"Indoor Pulled Pork," by Bryan Roof. In Cook's Illustrated, January & February 2010 (No. 102), p. 6-7.

No comments: