Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Meal No. 2572: Sausage, Fried Egg, and Cheese Sandwiches

Last Monday, I drove in the rain over to Cary, my most extended departure from the homefront since the coronavirus pandemic shut-down began. Sure, I got to see my old college buddy Jeff Kearney, but only because he's still pretty much my dentist and I had a cracked and abscessed molar. Start to finish, it was close to a 2-hour root canal, but the previous week's multiple-days-of-pain made it all worthwhile. And Jeff's actually always been really good, from the shots he gives to how he drills to the ease and comfort you feel in one of his dentist chairs.


And I still got some supper on the table that evening, a new trial of a basic idea: sausage, egg, and cheese sandwiches...but I decided to enhance it with a double fried egg and buttered toasted brioche buns. It was all mighty scrumptious. And please note that I am not obligated to draw a task from the quarantine task jar on days that I undergo root canals.

No comments: