Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Meal No. 2373: Indoor Pulled Pork


Sunday night was a chance for the regular six-person Roediger House crew to get together, which seems to be harder to pull off these days. That made it extra special to have everybody back at the dinner table. Up for suppertime consideration: indoor pulled pork barbecue with a sweet and tangy barbecue sauce, creamy stuffed eggs, and blue cheese coleslaw. For dessert, I offered the banana cake that I'd made earlier in the weekend.

By the way: I was a little curious about when I first made this pulled pork recipe, because it is yet another one of the frequent favorites that I really do rely on. My quick search of the blog showed me it first appeared for Meal No. 71 in February 2010. It appears that was also the first time I tried making Ina Garten's blue cheese coleslaw, which was also included in the Sunday evening feast this week.



"Indoor Pulled Pork," by Bryan Roof. In Cook's Illustrated, January & February 2010 (No. 102), p. 6-7.

"Blue Cheese Coleslaw," from Ina Garten, from the Food Network website.

"Creamy Stuffed Eggs," a recipe shared with me by Barbara Huneycutt of Crozet, VA.

No comments: