Search RoHo Blog

Friday, April 3, 2020

Meal No. 2558: Grilled Filet Mignon with Sauce Poivrade alla Port


While I definitely enjoy my work and feel lucky that I get to do educational consulting full time, I confess to a bit of "school's out for the summer" syndrome when I wrapped up my online session with the current cohort of aspiring administrators through High Point University on Wednesday of the previous week. The sun had come out and temps were warming up a bit after a brief coldsnap and I'm looking forward to a multi-month break before I'm back on the job. I cranked up the music in the kitchen and prepped a veritable feast of some of my favorite tastes and flavors. At dinnertime, I served up grilled beef filet mignon, topped with amazing sautéed mushrooms and sauce poivrade alla port, together with roasted garlic-parmesan asparagus and red-skin mashed potatoes (that were also quite spot on!). It was overeating with zero remorse.




"Sauce Poivrade alla Marsala or Madeira," from MoreThanGourmet.com.

No comments: