Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Meal No. 2576: Lamb, Bacon, & Harissa Flatbread Pizza


It's been a very long time since I made pizza or any variants of it, and that might have upped my enthusiasm for making lamb and bacon flatbreads with sautéed peppers and onions on a crust spread with a harissa sauce cobbled together from some ingredients from a recently preceding meal. Yes, that includes the Michael Symon steak sauce (about a tablespoon) and the homemade beer ketchup, both of which were dipping sauces for the homemade french fries earlier that week.


With a mix of cheddar, mozzarella, and goat cheeses, these flatbreads were quite the treat last Saturday night.


The quarantine task jar drawing both that day and the day before were rather kind to me. Last Friday, the task that was drawn was resetting one of the cement benches, situated in the area we call The Grove, that I'd inherited from my mother. I had placed it between the Bradford pear and the front retaining wall but, over time, one side of it had sunk rather badly into the looser soil where I'd dug up rotting cherry tree roots from a tree long ago removed. (Here is an even earlier post when I just dug up the below-ground stump.)


I thought I had a "before" picture to show its dramatic listing like a tanker taking on ocean water. Instead, you'll have to amuse yourself with this accompanying "after" pic, that veritably drips with precision.

The Saturday task that was drawn left me a bit giddy, because it was for another yard chore but it was one I'd already completed: digging up dead bushes. Last summer's meager landscaping efforts included a mix of shrubs: a replacement azalea, two new rhododendrons, and three Petite Plum Ninebark bushes, among others. Those specifically listed in the preceding sentence are the ones that didn't make it so they were dug up and tossed.

2 comments:

Ben Phillis said...

That flatbread looks amazing!

Ray said...

They were mighty good. Confession: I did cheat by buying the flatbread crust rather than make it from scratch.