Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Meal No. 2570: Sous Vide Chicken Thighs for Chicken Salad


I'd bought a family pack of bone-in chicken thighs, half of which were used for the braised chicken over Brussels sprouts at the start of Easter weekend. A few days later, I seasoned the remaining five thighs and tossed them into a Ziploc bag, along with a cache of sage and thyme from my kitchen garden, to cook in a sous vide bath. Then I stored them overnight and brought them out to finely dice and mix with a homemade dressing in order to have delicious chicken salad sandwiches last Thursday evening.


My quarantine task jar slip drawn earlier that day gave me an outside task: clean up the back wall area. The house itself and the parking area take up a lot of space on this quarter-acre downtown lot, and I've not yet gotten around to getting a Dutch barn, so there's limited space for storing planting and yard maintenance stuff. Over time, I have a tendency to let it start looking pretty junky along the rear property wall. There's only so much I can do to make it look better, or at least less junky, but that was on my to-do list and here is the result:




I followed the cooking instructions for sous vide from "Crispy Sous-Vide Chicken Thighs with Mustard Wine Pan Sauce," from J. Kenji López-Alt, Chief Culinary Consultant of SeriousEats.com. [Published 27 July 2015 / Updated 29 August 2018]

No comments: