Search RoHo Blog

Friday, September 25, 2020

Meal No. 2676: Mexican Chicken and Rice


 

It turned cool and windy and very much like an autumn day last Saturday, and I was content to limit my outside time, mostly, except for a very pleasant driveway visit with Roediger House pre-pandemic regulars Kristen and Mookie. There's always enough to do inside that it's not like I'm idling very much. At dinnertime, I sorted through the accumulated proteins in the meat drawer of the fridge and settled on an always loved but seldom seen dish with a crossed-border flair: Mexican chicken and rice, also known as arroz con pollo. With a boosted spice level to give it some sexy heat, and terrifically-seasoned strips of chicken thighs cooked up to tender perfection, it was a bowl full of mmmms and aaaahs till I could eat no more!


"Mexican Chicken & Rice," in Cuisine at Home, Issue No. 115 (January/February 2016), p. 10-11.

"The Best Mexican White Cheese Dip," from EatingonaDime.com.

No comments: