Search RoHo Blog

Monday, April 30, 2018

April Yard Update


The petunias I planted over spring break are bursting out in bloom, and they look good both in the planters and in the annuals beds.


Most of the azaleas are producing ample blooms, too:



And the irises are finally coming into their own, with a nice mix of varieties in the sideyard outside the rear kitchen door:




The carpet phlox has rebounded from the damage done with last year's house-washing:


And I don't remember seeing these before...are they a kind of crocus that blooms later...?


This year a new bulb I planted a couple of years ago has really come out in full force. I wish I could remember what it is:

1 comment:

hootowlkarma said...

Looking good; love the Iris! The white crocus-like flowers resemble Star of Bethlehem (Ornithogalum) and the pink ones might be an early, hardy variety of gladiolus?