Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Meal No. 2090: Indiana Chicken & Corn Chowder


The rough storm system that blew through the area on Sunday left us with very chilly and gusty weather here in Winston on Monday. That put me in a mind to have a soup or chowder. Because I was off work (for taxes!), I had time to go to Costco to stock up on things, and I came home with a rotisserie chicken that was perfect for making Indiana chicken and corn chowder happen for supper with Amy and Gern.



"Indiana Corn and Potato Chowder," by Brannon Soileau from his restaurant Maize, An American Grill (formerly of Lafayette, IN). In Indiana Cooks!, by Christine Barbour and Scott Feickert with photographs by Tom Stio. Bloomington, IN: Quarry Books (2005), p. 64-65. Recipe originally shared with me by my sister Allison on December 31, 2006. You can find this, and quite a few other Indiana recipes, if you scroll to the bottom of this article: "Indiana Can Cook." Update: Brannon Soileau's latest adventure is Boss Bagels in San Antonio, Texas.

No comments: