Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Meal No. 2081: Easter Feaster - Roasted Beef Tenderloin


When I was off work for Spring Break around the Easter holiday, I got a massive headstart on spring yard work. At the front end of my vacation time, I completely weeded all planting beds and removed three dead shrubs. Holes were dug out and prepped for new shrubs to be planted. I ran up to Mitchell's Nursery in King and came home with flats of annuals, two tomato plants, and a mix of kitchen herbs to plant.


I broke out the tiller and ran through the annuals beds to get them ready.



Pope Sand & Gravel was able to make a same-day delivery of mulch and I immediately jumped on spreading it along the south property line, which is basically a long strip of azaleas.


Sumner loves being outside and soaked up some sunshine while I was working:


Then, that night, the Easter Monday meal was a chance to bring together Roediger House regulars Amy and Gern and Kristen and Mookie, and the dinner plates were graced with roasted beef tenderloin, company mashed potatoes, and roasted garlic-and-parmesan asparagus. It was a great feast and it was also a festive good time.





"Company Mashed Potatoes," a recipe originally from my sister Allison that quickly became a Jones family favorite.

"Spicy Horseradish Sauce" from "Beef Tenderloin in Wine Sauce," from The All-New Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook. Compiled and Edited by Julie Fisher Gunter. Oxmoor Press (2006), p. 295, 296.

No comments: