Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Beginning of the Toilet Seat Revolution

Since it's often builder's grade stuff that you get when you sign up for a project like the renovation and addition that I tackled in 2008-2009, I guess some things can be expected not to last. For instance, late in the summer, the lid on the toilet in the powder room broke off at the hinges. It's taken me a while to get around to replacing it, and finally I ordered new seats this past week.


Seats, you say? Yes, plural. Might as well get better toilet seats for the bathrooms of central or main interest. The first to arrive was a new sturdy molded chrome-hinged seat with that rather cool "slow-close" action. (Click on the picture below and I think you'll see an animation of still frames for this.)

Click on the Image to Play
I've used this one in the master bathroom (and why not?), and moved its cheap plastic seat temporarily to the powder room until the other seats I've ordered come in. And I expect you'll get to read about those later, too.



UPDATE: December 09, 2011. While I was away this week, a second new toilet seat arrived, and this one also has a slow-close mechanism. But it's not as sturdy and solid as I was hoping for, so we'll see. It has now been installed in the powder room.


No comments: