Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Four Hundredth Meal: Penne with Bleu d'Auvergne Cantorel and Tomato Cream Sauce

Knowing that it feels a bit like a milestone to reach the "Four Hundredth Meal" (!) since I added a whole new kitchen to my house, I had sort of anticipated whipping up something extra fancy and special. Instead, I ended up taking the easy way out last night when dinnertime rolled around, and I prepared this pasta dish that I can make without having to go to the store. It's also exceptionally good. And the three who gathered for the meal left nothing to be put away as leftovers.


The actual recipe I used, which I first made for a visit from WFU graduate Brian Hill (a vegetarian), calls for pasta shells and a tomato-gorgonzola cream sauce. The subtle difference that was present with the substitution of the bleu cheese I had on hand did not seem to compromise how good this was.



"Tomato-Gorgonzola Sauce with Pasta Shells," from Cuisine at Home, October 2007 (clipping).

No comments: