Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Another Fit & Finish Issue (Powder Room)

When my general contractor, Peter R. LaRoque of Mocksville, NC, first installed the powder room toilet, he had such a hard time getting the toilet seat to secure that he ended up breaking the ceramic toilet itself. He replaced it, but I think there's always been something about the very cheap toilet seat he decided to put on it.

It has needed tightening about once a week, and not just a little tightening. A lot.

So when I finished using it earlier today and noticed that the top cover lid was off-kilter again, I pushed on it to line it up before I intended to reach underneath and screw down the plastic bolts another time. But that little push resulted in a snapping sound, and darned if the plastic rod in the back of the seat didn't snap right off.

This toilet seat has been an issue since the original installation of the toilet, so let's see who ends up being responsible for it. Bet it's me.

No comments: