Search RoHo Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

No Error 404: Miso-Glazed Salmon Steaks

This here was one of my mighty fine meals, with nothing at all that I'd change about it.


On last night's dinner plate: miso-glazed salmon steaks, Israeli couscous with toasted pine nuts, baby broccoli florets, and a cold Brooklyn Brewery Brown Ale.

Was this the same menu as the last time I tried this recipe? Sure, with one difference being that I actually got ahold of salmon steaks instead of fillets. (They broiled perfectly.) Another key difference: I was using true white miso from the Asia Grocery on Peters Creek Parkway, instead of a miso soup product from the international aisle at the Harris Teeter. That made the flavor really pop. Umami-spiked goodness!



"Miso-Glazed Salmon Steaks," from Bon Appétit, May 2011, p. 58.

No comments: