Search RoHo Blog

Monday, December 5, 2011

2011 Winston-Salem Christmas Parade


Living downtown just south of the intersection of Fourth and Spring Streets means I'm pretty central to the staging areas for most of the city's parades. This past Saturday afternoon was the 2011 Christmas Parade, and I enjoyed looking out my windows at the set-up and preparations.


It also turns out that my front steps and sidewalk were part of the hang-out in the run-up to the commencement of this festive holiday tradition.


Now that the Well Fargo transition of the much-loved and storied Wachovia brand has now been completed in North Carolina (and Winston-Salem was Wachovia's home for most of its history), it was important for us to have the symbolic stagecoach of the new owners as part of the parade.


It's too bad that people do not take care to pick up after themselves. It was also disturbing for me to return home from walking Cyprus and to see a young boy from one of the church floats coming down the driveway after relieving himself on the side of my house. Go, Christian boy! (And I mean "go.")

No comments: