Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Breakfast of Champions Chocolate Chips


Here's a Wednesday morning confession for you. Over there on the left you see a picture of my breakfast. 

You see, I had the rest of the monster chocolate chip cookie batter still setting up in the fridge, and I needed to go ahead and bake the rest of those rascals. This is the batch of dough I prepared so that I'd have some cookies to take to this past Monday night's Christmas party at the 6th & Vine Wine Bar and Café.

(I guess it's fair to call me part of the 6th & Vine family, and it's a fun group of people to get to hang out with.)

I cannot resist the temptation of these treats when they are fresh and hot out of the oven. That was my breakfast this morning, with a tall glass of cold Vitamin D whole milk.

Please don't act like you could resist them either.

By the way, the recipe that I used for these came from one of my first ever issues of Taste of Home, back in 2001. Over the years, I have often baked them for my classes for the University of Virginia, and so I made a pdf of the recipe to share with them. You can access, download, and print it, if you're into that sort of thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In another bit of universal harmony... I just learned of Taste of Home from a friend this past week. She had brought cookies made from a T.O.H. recipe to a cookie exchange I hosted this past week. I LOVED those cookies from T.O.H.

Looks like a perfect breakfast to me!