Search RoHo Blog

Monday, April 20, 2020

Meal No. 2568: Glorious Beef and Mushroom Stir Fry


For my birthday back in 2006, I received a perfect and simple gift: a slim wok cookbook that not only had a range of great recipes for sauces, marinades, and meals, but also succinctly captured for me the fundamentals of stir-fry cooking. Over the years, the Asian wok meals I've made have almost always satisfied and pleased. A few years ago, there was even talk of committing to making at least one wok meal a week...but it never quite came to that.


Alas, since I shifted my diet almost two years ago, I've found that rice is seldom a good idea anymore. Nonetheless, I have to bring it back from time to time, appreciating its rarity all the more. Easter Sunday's supper was a return to the filet mignon and mushroom stir fry that is one of my favorites in that realm of cuisine...and which I hadn't made since August 2018! Was it good, you may ask? Of course it was. This is the good stuff.




"Glorious Beef with Mushrooms," in Wok Fast by Hugh Carpenter and Teri Sandison. Ten Speed Press, 2002, p. 87 (recipe) and p. 26-27 (marinade and sauce).

No comments: