Search RoHo Blog

Monday, April 13, 2020

Meal No. 2564: Juicy Burgers on the Grill


Sunday a week ago, with the weather so nice and a package of ground beef in the fridge, it seemed ideal to grill some burgers to go with the spirit of summertime. And with all those homemade pretzels from the day before in the cupboard, I figured I ought to use them as the buns. It was a pretty solid pairing!

Earlier that same Sunday, when it was time to draw the day's slip from the quarantine task jar, my project became planning out the second phase of "smart home" upgrades and improvements. It's been just over a year since the installation of quite a few smart switches, smart bulbs, smart plugs, and even a smart lock for the back door. There were still a number of light switches that I hadn't yet converted, mostly because of the extra elements necessary for those that are 3-way switches. It's been on my list to figure this out and get a plan in place, though, so when that task came up, I got to work on it.


I created my punch list of switches to be switched, figured out which smart switches I needed to order for each, made notes for any that have special considerations, and matched up which breakers I'll need to turn off whenever the electrician comes to do the installations. The Amazon order arrived a few days later and I've put it all aside until the coronavirus pandemic eases and I can get eWire Electric back on the job to take care of all this.


Based on "Juicy Burgers," originally from Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks recipe magazine, July 2003, p. 52-53.

No comments: