Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

The March of Cookies

Shrove Tuesday Butter Toffee Cookies


OK, not quite March but just hours before March debuted this year, I was too busy with work on Mardi Gras to make a King Cake. I did, though, manage to make butter toffee cookies after the dinner that night. There were enough to share with the admin team at the school I was working at the next day, and that's a bonus.



White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies for Kristen's Birthday Bash


Back in early March, I'd promised to make a batch of cookies for a birthday/engagement party. The delicious choice that night: white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies.


They turned out reasonably decent.



Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


On March 12th, before I hit the road for a few days working in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, I took advantage of a window of time that early afternoon to try out a new recipe: cookie butter chocolate chip cookies. This continues my current fascination with cookie butter as an ingredient, and they were tasty hot out of the oven.

But they're not better than the usual version of chocolate chip cookies I make, so this might be a one-off experience. The chocolate morsels overwhelmed any cookie butter/speculaas taste you might get, and I really missed pecans or walnuts, too.



"Butter Toffee Cookies," originally from King Arthur Flour. The catalog that comes periodically from KAF has recipes in it, which is where I originally got this. But, as sometimes happens, it is not available on their website. I'm glad someone posted it to Food.com.

"Premier White Chocolate and Macadamia Pieces Cookies," from Hershey's Mauna Loa. Found online at https://www.maunaloa.com/recipes/premier-white-chips-and-macadamia-pieces-cookies/.

"Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies," by Rebecca of the SugarandSoul.com blog.

No comments: