Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Meal No. 191: Moravian Chicken Pie

Here we are smack in the heart of Moravian country, just a 15-minute walk up from Old Salem. So why haven't I made Moravian Chicken Pie a staple of Roediger House meals? I love that dish but the only time I ever made it was a brief phase I went through in the winter of 2009, when all my cooking was being done in the temporary kitchen in the dining room. This was before I became such a manic nut about blogging every meal and interesting concoction in the kitchen.


So almost two years later, I reached for the "Cooking with Grace" cookbook from Grace Moravian Church in Mount Airy, NC, and I did my subtle modifications to the recipe, and I reheated what was leftover from last night's green bean casserole and company mashed potatoes, and there was a fine meal of Moravian Chicken Pie on the dinner table tonight at the Roediger House.

No comments: