Search RoHo Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

Meal No. 190: Pork Chops & Christmas Specials

The Roediger House does not have TV. I mean, there is a TV, but there isn't TV service, as in: no cable, no satellite, not even rabbit ears. So all shows and such here are viewed from DVD, instant-watch from Netflix, or (egads!) on VHS.

That puts me out of the loop on the usual broadcast of Christmas specials on network or cable television, and I think it's safe to say it's been years and years since I've watched most of 'em. So tonight I talked a few kind folks into coming over, with the promise of dinner, if they'd watch a few of those specials with me. Here's one end of the table:


The meal: seasoned baked pork chops with company mashed potatoes and the traditional Campbell's Soup Company's recipe for greenbean casserole, which I'd not made in years.

No comments: