Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tuesday Thoughts from the Road

While I'm traveling this week in Virginia, working in a couple of different school districts and enjoying/hating the winter weather here in the Shenandoah Valley, I thought it might be good to tie up a few loose ends in the updates on the renovations and addition. For instance, it was pretty darned cool last week to come home from Harris-Teeter and bring my groceries in through the back door, just like I'll be doing on a regular basis before much longer. OK, that's a little goofy, but to me it was awesome even though I'm just walking through framed walls and roughed-in plumbing and electrical.

Hey, look: the foundation's been sealed. And that big white PVC pipe sticking out the side there will be what carries away every bit of discharge from the plumbing in the house. Soon, Pete and his crew will also be setting up the foundation drain required by the city, but we're still trying to figure out exactly how that needs to run. No need to go tearing up sidewalks or parking lot if we can avoid it...

As people have driven by and seen the scale and scope of the addition, they've begun to rib me about adding a second house onto my currently sizable house. Perhaps it IS a bit much, and every once in a while I get a bit nervous that I really did get completely carried away. But come the first gathering, when a bunch of you are standing around enjoying a casual atmosphere where we have plenty of room to visit and snack and drink and carry on, and I bet it will seem just right.

The Guided Tours (thus far)
It's been fun to have good friends stop by and indulge me in giving a tour of the new space. Best as I can remember, these distinguished visitors have included the following:

  • Amanda Houver
  • Brad Phillis
  • Jen Watson & Jen Martin
  • Linda Dunlap
  • Stephen Wiseman
  • Lindsay Meacham
  • Danny McGuinn
  • Jay & Jeff Brown
  • Ken Watson
  • Brian Hill
  • Trevor LaFauci

1 comment:

Karissa said...

Don't mind the ribbing from friends. It's their way of saying they wish they had a house as awesome as yours!