Search RoHo Blog

Monday, January 4, 2021

Eggnog Fudge / Eggnog Eclair Cake

Several years ago I snagged a recipe from the King Arthur Flour website for Eggnog Fudge, and I'm glad I printed it out when I did. It took me until this past week to make it for the first time, and boy howdy is it ever delicious. It proved to be yet another treat that I could not keep away from, so after making it Monday night and leaving it to set up, I started distributing as much of it as I could on Tuesday for the neighbors up and down Spring Street. In preparation for this blog post, I went in search of the King Arthur webpage to link back to in case anyone else wanted to try it...but it's yet another of their recipes that has been "disappeared" from their website. (That also happened with the butter toffee cookies recipe!) Another blogger has it posted, though, so I'm using that link below.

On New Year's Eve, after supper clean-up, it was early enough in the evening to venture back to the kitchen to see what other mischief I might get into. This led me to a recipe I'd recently snagged, as part of my eggnog treats quest: eggnog eclair cake. You know, sort of a riff on the pudding-graham cracker-chocolate topping eclair cake that is so ridiculously good...? It was a fun idea but I don't see it ever being any sort of serious rival for the original eclair cake.


"Eggnog Fudge," originally posted on the King Arthur Flour website. Recipe has been posted online by Natalie of Bees Knees Recipes. [Published 17 December 2014]

"Eggnog Eclair Cake," from Jamie Lothridge of MyBakingAddiction.com. [Published 22 December 2020]

No comments: