Search RoHo Blog

Friday, September 11, 2020

Meal No. 2664: Chicken Salad via Sous Vide Split Breasts


The very best Labor Day Weekend weather that I can remember continued through Sunday, and it was awesome for more labors in the yard. I put in some good efforts, particularly with bringing in a ton more top soil as I continue building up the back yard and prepping it for restoration of the lawn there. Dinner was a lot easier since I turned to my Joule sous vide immersion circulator, so it could work its magic on vacuum-sealed bags of split chicken breasts, seasoned and joined in their cooking quest by lemon and sliced shallots. The resulting chicken salad I made was pretty scrumptious on brioche buns, proving to be lighter but still suitable fare to finish off a very good day.



Adapted from "The Best Classic Chicken Salad Recipe," from J. Kenji López-Alt, Chief Culinary Consultant of SeriousEats.com. [Published 03 June 2015 / Updated 17 April 2020]

No comments: