Search RoHo Blog

Friday, February 28, 2020

The End of February


Yesterday morning, it was gorgeously sunny but cold and windy. Still, while Sumner and I enjoyed a bit of time outside together, a pretty awesome setting was framed in my view as I looked up at the house from street level, with these most welcome indicators that winter is waning.

I've had to plant something less lovely in the yard, though:


Not long ago, I mentioned a frustrating encounter with trespassing parkers in the driveway, and it pissed me off enough this time that I decided I'd like to have more pointedly clear signage governing any of these interactions in the future. I'd like there to be no question if I decide to tow someone or charge a fee before I unblock the driveway. If I had my druthers, I wouldn't mar the yard with regulatory signage. It's another one of those tradeoffs for having a generous parking area on a downtown lot, surrounded by houses with rental units and on a street with various events throughout the year.


No comments: