Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Butter Toffee Cookies / Cap'n Crunch Cookies


Before heading over to Guilford County two weeks ago to conduct a session focused on Instructional Design with a group of middle school teachers, I wanted to make sure I had some fresh cookies to take to the instructional leadership team there. So after cleaning up from the baby back pork ribs dinner that Monday night, that's what I turned my attention to, and I ended up with a delicious batch of butter toffee cookies, with espresso-flavored semisweet chocolate morsels, walnuts, and milk chocolate toffee. I ate two out of the oven so that I'd be in a position to pronounce them edible and shareable.


Then, near the end of that same week, after coming in from a quick work trip up to Chesterfield County, Virginia, I used a window of time that Thursday to make a batch of Cap'n Crunch cookies, another terrific cookie concoction that gets pretty good reviews as well.



"Butter Toffee Cookies," originally from King Arthur Flour. The catalog that comes periodically from KAF has recipes in it, which is where I originally got this. But, as sometimes happens, it is not available on their website. I'm glad someone posted it to Food.com.

"Cap'n Crunch Cookies," found online at The Capitol Baker, with credit going to The Sugar Plum Blog for inspiration and the source of the adapted recipe.

No comments: