Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Meal No. 2536: Chicken Souvlaki and Greek Salad with Tzatziki Sauce


I was kind of proud of my greatly Greek grub back on Saturday, February 22nd. It involved a lot of advanced prep and then was fairly simple to plate late evening. The thrust of it was grilled chicken souvlaki skewers with homemade tzatziki sauce, which was delicious all unto itself. But I also made a Greek salad with a homemade vinaigrette, all topped with diced red onion, sweet bell pepper, tomato, and crumbled feta. On the side of all that was my first attempt at homemade hummus, with carrot and sweet bell pepper sticks. This was my second time of making chicken souvlaki and Greek salad...I can only wonder why I don't make it more often.

I didn't want to stop eating!



Grilled Chicken Souvlaki Skewers Based on:

Tzatziki Sauce Based on:
  • "Tzatziki Sauce," from Suzy Karedsheh of The Mediterranean Dish. [Published 03 June 2016]
  • "Tzatziki," from Ali of GimmeSomeOven.com [Published 18 August 2014]

Greek Salad based on "Chicken Souvlaki and Greek Salad with Tzatziki Sauce," from the blog of Kitchen Art: The Store for Cooks (West Lafayette, IN). [Published 25 June 2015]

"Easy Hummus Recipe," from Joanne Gallagher of InspiredTaste.net. [Published 12 February 2020]

No comments: