Search RoHo Blog

Monday, January 8, 2018

Meal No. 2000: New Year's Day Meatballs


The first major project I undertook on this great old house was the demolition of the old kitchen and bathrooms and construction of a whole new kitchen area and bathrooms for both downstairs and up. The first meal prepared in the "new" kitchen was on May 26, 2009. Just over eight-and-a-half years later, on New Year's Day 2018, I served up the Two Thousandth meal: New Year's Day Meatballs with company mashed potatoes and layered green bean casserole. All three of those dishes were favorites in the Jones household, especially around the Christmas and New Year's holidays...as the name suggests!

In case you're keeping track:it took almost five years for me to reach Meal 1000, but only three-and-a-half more to hit 2000.



"New Year's Day Meatballs," from Carol Fultz and shared with me by my sister Allison Jones Holden of Rossville, IN (2001).

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a Jones family favorite.

"Layered Green Bean Casserole," shared with me by my sister Allison Jones Holden of Rossville, IN (December 2001).

No comments: