Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Meal No. 2009: World's Best Lasagna


On Monday, January 8th, my day working with a group of teachers had to be rushed so that we could wrap up by the freezing rain-induced early dismissal time of 12:30 pm. The following day, my work in Mount Airy City Schools was canceled because they had ice-covered roads remaining from that weather event. That left me a day at home when temps unexpectedly got up to 63°F, which allowed me to spend time outside in short sleeves doing a small bit of yard work. That included cleaning and resetting my firewood rack in anticipation of Wednesday's delivery of a fresh pickup truck load.


Our two-week cold snap caused me to blow through the rest of my firewood that I'd received in early 2014...and which I was glad to be rid of, because it wasn't of particularly good quality and definitely wasn't well-cut or well-seasoned. The new delivery, though, is of pretty good quality:


Then, that Tuesday evening, with five at the table, it seemed to be a good time to break out the house favorite from John Chandler, using his recipe that he dubs "World's Best Lasagna." We sure think it's the best, and it gets requested frequently and there's very nearly a whoop or a holler whenever people report to the kitchen for dinner and find this is what's on the plates.




"World's Best Lasagna," by John Chandler (Dallas, TX). Found online at AllRecipes.com.

No comments: