Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Meal No. 2007: Sausage Manicotti with Homemade Marinara


Back on January 7th, when it was my last night before going back to work after the holiday break, I was rather ambivalent about cooking dinner. But with friends Jeremy and Mark in from Virginia for a few days, I didn't want to abandon my hosting role entirely. With a quick adjustment to the intended menu to scale it down, and with high hopes that the guys would not feel short-changed by the meal, I decided to go with sausage-stuffed manicotti and homemade marinara...and, well, nothing else. Simple and plain, even though there was still effort in the background to throw it all together!


When I awoke early on that Sunday morning, we were in record-breaking territory with the low temperature: it was 5°F. So I kept a fire going just about the entire day:

Fire No. 39



"Sausage & Beef Manicotti with Homemade Marinara," from Celebrate the Seasons: Autumn Classics from Cuisine at Home. Issue No. 6, October/November 2015, p. 18.

No comments: