Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Meal No. 1769: Cheesy Chicken Rice & Broccoli Casserole


It was a great Saturday night at the Roediger House, with six around the table including a return visit by recently-departed friends David and Chris (they have relocated to Charlotte). It also turned into a bitterly cold evening with winds and mid-20s temps. To go with the warmth of friends reuniting, a casserole made sense to me. Because it was so good at the beginning of February, I thought I'd give cheesy chicken rice and broccoli casserole another go, and this time there was also Caesar salad and Parker House yeast rolls. The reviews from the crew were good.



While I have pretty much made it my own recipe, I still got inspiration and ideas from:
[Very little of each recipe actually made it into my version of that evening's dish, so I think my tinkering went beyond merely adapting.]

No comments: