Search RoHo Blog

Monday, January 18, 2016

MLK Weekend at the Roediger House


It's been a mighty fine weekend here at the Roediger House, especially because I've gotten to enjoy a visit from my oldest sibling Janice. She came up Saturday and headed back home today. In the meantime, we got to talk and catch up and reminisce and share, while also partaking of some reasonably decent meals here.

Our first winter weather mini-event hit Sunday morning, so she had the additional treat of getting to see some snow before it quickly disappeared:



I mustache you a question.

Janice made the north parlour look so cozy by curling up on the sofa to read on our lazy Sunday afternoon, tucked under the afghan that our Great Aunt Lee made for me when I was a small tyke.


I had always thought Aunt Lee was widowed young, leading her to go and live with her sister (my Grandmother Jones), but Jan says Aunt Lee's husband went off to sell a load of tobacco and just never came back. Aunt Lee was always wonderful about sending five dollars every birthday. I don't remember being all that good about sending her back a thank-you note, however.

With temps in the mid-20s this morning, and a forecast high of only 32°F today, I had to make a fire when I got up early. I'm home all day, so I'll enjoy the warmth and the crackle and the faint smell of woodsmoke.

Fire No. 32


No comments: