Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Meal No. 1468: Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf


This past Sunday night, for one of the smaller gatherings at mealtime, I decided I was ready to make a veritable feast. It included bacon-wrapped meatloaf, company mashed potatoes, and green beans.


But I also ventured into homemade applesauce and a new recipe for sweet cornbread, both of which turned out to be really good.


I'm glad I invested in the peeler-corer-slicer for apples: I had ten of those rascals peeled, cored, sliced, and ready for the stovetop in just minutes.


I had only once before tried making apple sauce, over ten years ago, and it didn't turn out too well on that occasion. Tonight, though: pretty much spot on!



"The Ultimate Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf," by Cristin Walsh. In Cook's Country, February/March 2015, p. 4-5.

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a Jones family favorite.

"Golden Sweet Cornbread," from bluegirl on AllRecipes.com.

Guidance for Homemade Applesauce from:

No comments: