Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, January 25, 2009

From Dining Room to General Store

It seems that the transition of the dining room from a more formal place to eat into a temporary kitchen has caused more than a few chuckles. Apparently, my open shelves of canned goods and foodstuffs has been compared to what one might encounter upon entering Ike Godsey's General Merchandise store on Walton's Mountain. I'm not too proud to let you see it here.

First shots: the dining room back in July 2008, before this project began:



As I described in a much earlier post, my GC Pete LaRoque very thoughtfully set me up a temporary kitchen in the dining room, including running electrical service for my stove and plumbing a utility sink in through the closed-up doorway between the current house and the addition.

Well, once one's cabinets are all gone, the food has to be stored somewhere, right?

No comments: