Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Meal No. 3563: Beef Stew with Red Wine Sauce

My meal planning was slightly off, so an Irish-adjacent dinner occurred this year the day after St. Patrick's Day, on Monday night. A hearty beef stew, albeit from a more French tradition, was the centerpiece. I stripped it down a bit to fit my agenda on a weekday, but it seemed a good night to also try my hand at an Irish soda bread. I'd love for that loaf to have been amazing, given that it can come together pretty quickly, but it was more in the meh zone. Still: slathered with butter and/or dipped into that luscious red wine sauce, its thick slices did not lead to the management receiving a ton of complaints.


Adapted loosely from "Beef Stew with Red Wine Sauce," from Jacques Pépin. Published in Food & Wine, April 2007.

"Traditional Irish Soda Bread," from LeAnne Shor of LionsBread.com. [Published 15 March 2022]

No comments: