Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Surprising Signs of Spring

Yesterday, Sumner and I enjoyed the heck out of the beautiful warm day, when temps got up to 70°F here in Winston-Salem. Our strolls around the yard were delightful not only because I was basking in the feel of warm sun on my head, but also because the earliest harbingers of spring were just beginning to emerge:

Crocus

Daffodils

Tulips

The Bradford pear is just beginning to show some buds and tiny emerging blossoms:


All while the snowbells strut their stuff on either side of the front steps:


The forecast for later today is for what might be a record-breaking high of 76°F. I've got a Greensboro lunch appointment and some errands to run, but I'll be doing it with windows down and music blasting!


By the weekend, we'll be back to our regularly-scheduled winter.

No comments: