Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Meal No. 571: Barbecue Chicken Pizza

My apartment window above the Jefferson Theatre
Downtown Mall • Charlottesville, VA

At Sylvia's, and then Christian's, Pizza in Charlottesville, I loved the pizza-by-the-slice, especially in the summers when there was Friday night music at the amphitheater at the end of the Downtown Mall. (Summer 1998, I actually lived on the mall, above the Jefferson Theatre.) One of my go-to choices was the BBQ chicken pizza: always tasty. Tonight, I tried a version of it myself, and I was mighty pleased.


Still having trouble--lots of trouble--when I try to make my own pizza crust from scratch. Last night I tried another new one and it didn't rise nary a bit. But it had good flavor, so I'll not abandon it yet.




"Quick Beer-Crust Pizza," from King Arthur Flour.

No comments: