Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Meal No. 1775: Pork Medallions with Ginger-Soy-Shiitake Cream Sauce


The picture I'm able to post with this blog might explain why there's no photo of last Thursday night's dinner, and also why I can report on no green vegetables on the plate. Hambone belongs to a new neighbor in the upstairs apartment of the house beside me, and he is an energetic and determined puppy who got out of the backyard fence and came over to me when I stepped outside to the compost pile in the midst of making dinner.  He's a bit of a wild thing! But I got him calm enough and fed him and especially watered him and persisted with dinner prep for the four of us on hand that night. Everything was a bit too salty, but we ended up with clean plates after feasting on pork medallions with ginger-shiitake-soy cream sauce and company mashed potatoes. Mo, the neighbor, came by and got him before dinnertime was over.



Cream Sauce based on "Pan-Seared Tuna with Ginger-Shiitake Cream Sauce," from The Bon Appétit Cookbook by Barbara Fairchild, 2006, p. 398-399.

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a Jones family favorite.

No comments: