Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring 2012 Arrives Early

As several people have mentioned, we didn't have much of a winter, and we skipped spring and went straight to summer. (Sure feels that way, with the 9000 high temperature records that have been broken nationwide in the last 10 days, roughly!)


At least there is the burst of blooms and color that are such a welcome sight, with all the attendant signals that the joys of warmer weather bring to my chilled body and soul.


My travel schedule again meant I mostly missed the blooming of the Bradford pear tree, although I think it has an unusually short blooming phase before those green leaves (now pretty much fully exposed) start to push through.

Our mild and even warm temps of winter, though, led to a terrible problem with winter weeds, and they are doing a great job of taking over portions of my yard.


It's been hard to find the time to get around to it, and to do so when the weather was cooperating (it's been mighty stormy of late, too), but before I left town Monday, I treated the whole yard with my Weed B Gon. Hope to see a lot of dead weeds when I get back home at week's end.


No comments: