Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Goodbye to the Old TV

When I moved to Winston-Salem in 2001 to join the faculty of Wake Forest University, I had to switch into acquisition mode for all kinds of household needs. I was, after all, coming here after five years of On-Grounds living at the University of Virginia, and I had no furniture.

One of those early purchases was a "huge" 36-inch television that, back then, I could barely lift by myself. And I guess it's served me well for the last 11 years, but it died a week or so ago. I'm not a huge television watcher (and I don't have cable or satellite), but I do enjoy DVDs and streaming from Netflix.

So this old set got loaded up on the back of the pickup truck and was dropped off at Goodwill over this past weekend, and I went into Consumer Reports research mode and online shopping mode to track down a new set.

No comments: