Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Meal No. 368: Chicken Potpie with Cheddar Crust

The latest issue of the Food Network Magazine had already been at the house for a number of days and I'd not really gone through it yet. I think it's likely I would have missed, overlooked, or not seriously-enough considered the recipe from it that I made tonight. That's where a couple of good friends who teach in Shenandoah County, VA, come in.


This is chicken potpie with a cheddar crust, and these ladies had already tried it out and were raving about it. I can now see why. 



Listen: the chicken and mushrooms and goop are all terrific and pleasing to the palate. But that cheddar crust that goes on top is darned noteworthy. I went back for an unneeded (and subsequently painful) extra half-helping, and that made my drive up to Virginia tonight tasty on my lips but pressing on my hips.



"Chicken Potpie with Cheddar Crust," from Food Network Magazine, Vol. 4 No. 8 (October 2011), p. 132-133.

No comments: