Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Meal No. 243: Arroz con Pollo

Once again, I wish I could blog smells.

Yesterday afternoon I put the rice cooker to work for something more than just making rice. I had come across some instructions for making arroz con pollo at home, using the rice cooker, and this seemed a great time to take it for a test spin as an all-in-one meal cooker.

And as it did its thing through Monday afternoon, I got hungrier and hungrier.


The final product was not perfect...it was cooked through but managed to retain more moisture than I would have liked. The flavor was quite good (had to add a bit more salt) and putting some heated queso dip on top finished it off nicely.



Recipe from The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook by Beth Hensperger & Julie Kaufmann, 2002, p. 123-124.

No comments: