Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Chimney's Weak, Chimney Sweep!



Here's a shot of the house, taken from the top of the parking deck across the street. If you'll look at the two chimneys, you'll notice the one on the right is taller and more complete looking than the one on the left. Here's a closer-up shot of the taller one:



Well, the one on the left is a bit of a problem. It's not presenting a very sturdy front, and frankly it keeps me a bit worried.





I'm not sure how compromised its mortar is, but when I've looked at both chimneys up in the attic, just below the roofline, I'm not inspired with confidence. One of these days, that puppy's got a good chance of tumbling down, I fear. So on the to-do list with this great old hulk of a house is getting it dismantled to a certain extent, and rebuilt. In the meantime, I'll continue to sweep up the debris it sheds in good winds or harsh rains, after the fragments tumble off the roof above the side porch.

No comments: